MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ion 2010 review

Go down

Ion 2010 review Empty Ion 2010 review

Post by scooterjean Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 am

All I have to say is wow! With over 3500 players I knew this would be an amazing game. First off for those who don't know what ion is it is formerly the worlds largest paintball game that is held in the pocono mountains of pennsylvania every year. It is a acenerio game that simulates the beach landings of Normandy during ww2. The gAme was intense. We were in the third wave of landing craft. The beginning of the game was rough since the Germans sat in the shade shooting us from perfectly placed bunkers along the woodsline. The allies had to move up the beach into the woods which was verrrry difficult but also we had the 101f heat on our side and no shade! Throughout the dAy my group made small pushes into the woods and towns that surround the field. The refs were awesome they were plentiful and had a good idea of what was going on. Although pricy this trip was def worth every penny. Camping at the field was pretty cool and everyone we met were chill and there for the same reason. To have fun it's what paintball is all about. You didn't have fierce competition but the game ran very smoothly and effectively for the ammount of people. A couple of things I'll remember for next time. Park closer to the insertion points! Get there Thursday night to have a close spot. A grill and sun tent. And plenty of tp.
scooterjean
scooterjean
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down