MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geo Review Time

+2
Dylan
Stanks
6 posters

Go down

Geo Review Time Empty Geo Review Time

Post by Stanks Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:12 am

First off, let me explain myself before reading this review. I am a player of 9.5 years as of July 2009. I have owned 45+ guns, shot guns not released to the public, tested prototypes here and there, as well as shot every base platform design (spool, blow forward, poppet, sear trip, etc.). Having said that, it is hard to impress me anymore with guns shooting.

This review is for the Planet Eclipse Geo w/ GR-2 Kit.

COMFORT: You all know my little schpeel on comfort. It's a hugeee thing to me. The Geo is a beautiful feeling gun with a 45/45 Crossy and a Rotor on top to balance it out. Easy for snapping and laning all in same package.

RELIABILITY: No gripes here. Everything Planet Eclipse puts out is just a solid product. There were some issues with the screws loosening and the VVC backing out and a tad bit of issues here and there. Those have been solved with the GR-2 Kit. Promptly put in my Geo when I received it. I didn't have issues to start with so even after, still rocked and rolled on the field. I haven't had a ball break or so much as hiccup when shooting normal speeds. (I will discuss this later in the review). The ease of maintenance forever lives on in these guns as well.

PERFORMANCE: Ohhh..Baby. A spool valve that has a nice little "Umph" to it. Gun shoots oh so smooth and lanes for days and days. Very little lube / upkeep is needed. I've put my Geo through a "month of hell" with no lubing etc. Just inspections of O-rings before and after a days play. The Geo kept on keeping on. Consistent over the chrono as well.

SOUND SIGNATURE: A tough comparison between a Threshold / G3 and a poppet style gun. The marker itself with a stock barrel has its little pop to it but its nice to know that you're actually shooting a marker and not being the silent guy on the field.

ELECTRONICS: Planet Eclipse Boards are just god. The firmware that comes with this marker is just intense and completely legal. And for all the people who like to hear the beep noises...it's in there. Stock settings right out of the box make this gun rip.

REGULATORS: Planet Eclipse has gone back to the "spring" look at life. Excellent. I am sick of losing shims. The stock regulator on the Geo automatically bleeds when air is degassed from the marker for a safe marker. An excellent feature in my eyes. A very simple design that has been proven through time to promote consistency and reliability. An updated piston was included in my GR-2 Kit and did what it was supposed to do.

BOLT: Intensely light. Has its own unique finish and glides easily though the bolt assembly with no problems.

TRIGGER: The best stock trigger I have ever used. Period. I love wave style triggers and Planet Eclipse just caters even more to their customer with the option of Opto / Micro switch, all the travel screws, and now Spring or Magnets...I had my trigger nice and mushy with a lot of post travel and a little pre-travel. Very easy to get on and shove paint in the opponents mask.

FEEDNECK: Same off-set goodness that has been going through the ropes all these years. A clamping style feedneck has held my rotor and halo B's in place with out ever giving up on them.

ASA / Air Source Adapter: Very smooth bleed on/off ASA is solid and fool proof. Easy on and easy off. Very adjustable with P.E.'s unique T-mount system instead of those dove tail weak a** things. Your ASA will forever be in the same place.

UPGRADES: I dare you to think of one worth while getting. Everything on this gun has been though of time and time again with troubles never lurking. Some like laser eyes but I think it's a waste. The barrel is excellent on its own.

OVERALL: A solid high end spool valve that will perform just as well as any others out there. Planet Eclipse has done their homework and knows their shit back and forth. You can find these going for literally 750 or so on some sites now with the 2010 stuff rolling in and at that price...it's a steal.

Gripes: I have a gripe. I play reball at college. The Geo's don't seem to like reballs but there has been a fix for them. That fix is name the GST Kit. Geo Soft touch kit. This kit does a few things which controls your bolt speed to make it even nicer to the most brittle of paints, can let you shoot reballs with no problems...ever. And has a venturi style bolt. These bolts supposedly help distribute the air more evenly to the paint which is just so fantastical.

Heres a nice little picture so you can see the color combo I was holding for a good while:

Geo Review Time Geo2
Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Geo Review Time Empty Re: Geo Review Time

Post by Dylan Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:41 am

Geo = Sex
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am

Since I've had mine for a while I'll throw up a review too.

This is for a Geo with the GR-2 Kit installed

Price: I got mine for about $500 lnib so I can't complain at all. Most days they go for about $650ish

Looks: Smooth milling, no tool marks, overall great look.

Comfort: A very small gun, this thing is great to play with. The grip is very comfortable and the macro doesn't get in the way of your hand for those who like to hold the reg as a grip.

Performance: Coming from many years playing with DMs this is a bit of a loud gun for a spool valve. That said, it isn't your typical spool valve and is still more quiet than the Ego (then again so is every gun). I'm not a fan of overboring so the stock .693 Shaft 3 barrel is nice, but too large of a bore size for me. With a .688 I'm able to do +/-3 fps with good paint. Typical of a gun in this price range, it shoots paintballs fast and with great consistency. Efficiency wise I'm able able to get 6 pods and a hopper on a 45/45.

Care: there aren't that many o-rings and the bolt guide makes stripping and lubing take about 10 secs. Super easy.

Overall: I like this gun a lot, and if you are looking for something new this is worth a shot for sure. I myself am pretty stubborn and like my guns quiet and soft shooting. 9/10
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:38 am

I want one!!

good reviews
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

i want to find one for around 600 Very Happy ...
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 pm

so ummm update...yes I did find a steal on one....but ive only put around 2 1/2 cases throught it...not ready for a review yet...maybe after event 1...
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by dporter Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 am

A.Perry#21 wrote:I want one!!

good reviews

well now we all know what aaron's gonna be getting sometime within this month haha
dporter
dporter
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=752384823

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 am

dporter wrote:
A.Perry#21 wrote:I want one!!

good reviews

well now we all know what aaron's gonna be getting sometime within this month haha

Not exactly, he posted that in January....
Justin
Justin

http://www.daytonpaintball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dporter Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm

oh wow Shocked. good thing i paid attention to the dates right?
dporter
dporter
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=752384823

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down