MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vice Review

+3
Justin
A.Perry#21
Stanks
7 posters

Go down

Vice Review Empty Vice Review

Post by Stanks Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:57 pm

First off, let me explain myself before reading this review. I am a player of 9.5 years as of July 2009. I have owned 45+ guns, shot guns not released to the public, tested prototypes here and there, as well as shot every base platform design (spool, blow forward, poppet, sear trip, etc.). Having said that, it is hard to impress me anymore with guns shooting.

This review is a culmination of all the vices I have owned (4 total in the past year).

COMFORT: I am a firm believer in the comfort level of markers. If your gun is not comfortable to you, then it is not worth having. The equivalent of a several hundred dollar paper weight that you can only bare with.
The Vice's comfort is outstanding. The compact structure of the frame / body / regulator spacing and height of the marker itself is outstanding. It being outstanding = outstanding performance / comfort.

RELIABILITY: My vices have never gone down. Reason behind their success in the reliability field is, I know how to clean and tech. on guns. I read manuals and take notes and apply a little bit of knowledge I've had from the past few years working on different guns.

PERFORMANCE: I touched on this in the "Comfort" category. This gun can roll with the big boys (because it is one) in shooting 280 FPS, at least 13 balls per second, consistently and accurately. Keep in mind, most every gun in the price range and marker type can and will do the same thing.

SOUND SIGNATURE: I have personally felt the sound signature of this gun fall between a Threshold and Dye Matrix. It has a clacky "whoomp" sound. The sound is unique to its holder. Sometimes I even start to wonder if I am shooting 280 and not around 200.

ELECTRONICS: A gun that comes stock with Tadao M8 software is a winner in my eyes. If you play PSP and don't have the board reflashed, you might want to get that done. The stock boards values can not reach low enough for the 12.5 rate of fire cap or even lower in the D3 and under divisions.
The board comes with so many settings. Just to name a few, training mode, force / delay shot, shot buffer, cycle percentage filter, along with many different types of firing from PSP to semi to auto response. The combinations available is unfathomable.

REGULATORS: The Bob Long regulators have been proven time and time again in the consistency and lack of weight. This goes for both the Low Pressure Regulator and Torpedo (High Pressure Regulator). There is a high level of reliability with the shims in the Torpedo regulator and the small spring in the LPR itself.
Adjustments are made easily and very precisely with a simple allen key. When it comes to the LPR, you NEED to have a low pressure regulator which is available through BobLongDirect.com. Unlike the previous generations, the vice itself doesn't come with a gauge equipped to the side of the body / front block because of the bulk they bring with them. Precise LPR is necessary to get the Vice to full potential.

BOLT / RAMMER: The stock bolt is a pillow bolt. An amazing bolt to say the least. Very light, gentle on paint, and requires no maintenance.
The rammer is very light and does its job consistently and reliably. This part probably takes the most beating out of the entire gun. Just keep lubed with Dow 55 or 33 (I only use dow 33).

TRIGGER: Single bearing S-class style trigger. Easy to get on for high rates of fire. I removed the spring for a lighter pull but upped my debounce a bit more for obvious reasons. I don't care for the trigger as I am more partial to critical triggers.

FEEDNECK: Bob Long has done it again with his feedneck. No tools are required to adjust this feedneck at all. I had one problem with my vlocity staying on tight so I wedged an oring between the vlocity feedneck and the Bob Long clamp. Worked perfectly after that. It has had no problems with other vlocity's that I know of, along with halos, magnas, rotors, pinokios, eggs, etc.

ASA / Air Source Adapter: Bob Long does not put an on/off stock on this gun and it is for good reason. Not only is the ASA small and light and puts the macroline fitting in the middle, it also is very adjustable with the way it is mounted.
Everytime a marker is degassed, the springs relax and are uncompressed. Airing up and degassing etc. All of those tiny changed in the spring will offset velocity / consistency so it is better to just leave the gun aired up the whole day. For easy tank removal, put 1 drop of oil in on the threads inside the ASA. Minimal if any at all oil will go in the gun and even so, its not enough to do anything.

UPGRADES: None are necessary. All personal preference. I had the 4 eyes in my 2nd vice which was nice but not necessary. Low pressure poppet in my second vice which again wasn't necessary but did quiet the gun down yet again but only by a fraction. On/off again isn't necessary but some like it. New Barrel (Deady winds whisper) which I recommend though the stock is absurdly light and quiet itself. New Trigger. Stock is fine and easy to get on for high rates of fire but I am partial to critical triggers every now and again. The stock grips are decent but I like see through grips from Dark Seoul. They thing out the frame just that much more for better control.

OVERALL: Overall, this gun is solid as can be. Ease of use, maintenance, reliability, COMFORT (big thing for me), all the way up to the harshest of beating it can take from diving in a snake to taking a swim in a puddle. I beat on my guns when I know it can take it.

This gun is not for everyone but it is my ideal. I give this gun a solid 10/10.

There is a reason I didn't judge the packaging. I would be rating the company if I did and Bob Longs Packaging is decent at best. I got extra o-rings, barrel, gun, and Tadao manual. I would like to see barrel sock, lube, allens and gun manual along with board manual.

I encourage rating reviews so please take the 1 second to give it how many stars you think it deserves.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or check out the Bob Long Intimidator Section of Pbnation.com or Techpb.com.

Thanks!

Last edited by Stanks on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Vice Review Empty Re: Vice Review

Post by A.Perry#21 Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:06 pm

great review, I was looking into these! lol... might look a little harder into this now!
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Phenomenal review, except you forgot the trigger section. You labeled it but did not fill it in.
Justin
Justin

http://www.daytonpaintball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:39 pm

great review Vice Review 239610
Nic
Nic

Back to top Go down

Post by A SNEAKY PANDA Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:29 pm

amazing review..this man knows his markers
A SNEAKY PANDA
A SNEAKY PANDA
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Awesome review +100 points.
Corey
Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanks Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:32 am

Thank you gents.
Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by T.E.C. Paintballer Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 pm

I hate BL grips though, other than that it's nice. Good review.
T.E.C. Paintballer
T.E.C. Paintballer
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down