MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Xtreme here.

+8
trum_15
Sniper71
A.Perry#21
Devon
pbballer33
Corey
short207
Northern Xtreme
12 posters

Go down

Northern Xtreme here. Empty Northern Xtreme here.

Post by Northern Xtreme Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am

Hey guys, I'm glad to find your site. I live in the Augusta area.
I'm older than dirt and have played off and on over the years since the beginning of Paintball here in Maine.
I will be curious to see if I know anyone here.
Now my son is interested in playing some paintball so I will have alot of questions for you on whats out there for equipment these days.
Who here has ever heard of a place called Paintball Passion? Only the real old, old schoolers will have been there.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Northern Xtreme here. Empty Re: Northern Xtreme here.

Post by short207 Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 am

what kind of paintball, woodsball, xball, scenario,recball?

and welcome to the site

short207
short207
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 am

Welcome to the site!
Corey
Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by short207 Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 am

This is great we need more central Mainers on here!!! Northern Xtreme here. 239610
short207
short207
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pbballer33 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 am

My father Arthur used to play there all the time! Said it was the best field around!
pbballer33
pbballer33
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 am

What was your father Arthur's last name?
Paintball Passion was an indoor field. It was the old Lewiston Harness racing clubhouse.
It was going to be torn down so they let it be used as a Paintball field for about a year and a half.
The building was about 100 yards long and it was really cool.
They built bunkers all through it and there was a section that had some offices and the bathrooms that they left dark but had strobe lights and a fog machine. It was called the preditor zone. Very cool.
We had a Friday night indoor league that my team was the house champions of. He also had a few tournys there with some teams from Mass coming up for.
He also had a trench war field outside dug into the infield of the racetrack. It was about 50 yards across and had chest high trenches and sandbag bunkers on the top. That was also very cool. You guys would have loved it.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

It's interesting to hear about the older indoor fields. I with we had something like that around here now.

Welcome to the site.
Devon
Devon
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks.
I have lots of old war stories I could bore you with sometime!
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by pbballer33 Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

His last name is Kesaris. He played on team Havoc. He would play there all the time. He always tells me about a mag that the owner had called the killer clown!
pbballer33
pbballer33
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:33 am

My dad used to play there all the time back in the day, he's got some CRAZY stories from that place.

Welcome to the site! Glad you found us! How old is your son?
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Ya that was a interesting place...I almost got in some fist fights because some of the kids that worked there used to open up doors in the ceiling and shoot random players underneath them in the head.....I know my memory is getting old but it was named something else for a while also.... By the way I used to play on S.O.M.F. (soldiers of misfortune) with dave chadwick and the crew back in 91 ish ... we used to play at sangerville a bunch as well as NH and Penn. We played both 5 man and 10 man....
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I had forgotten about how they would shoot down on people sometimes, they never did that to my team.
The owners team was named Mayhem.
I remember the Soldiers of Misfortune, and Havoc.
My teams name was: The Black Berets.
We did a few tournys in Weare,NH at Adventure Sports at the Devil Dogs home field.
Back then the Automag was king.
Then I had another team during the MRPL years called Northern Xtreme.
We won some events, and placed second in the overall standings by less than 5 points. I feel we had the best team in the State, but we got screwed by the inconsistant way they ran a few events and it cost us just enough to lose the points race. We were running Angel LCD's. I brought a 5 man team to the Skydome indoors in Toronto, and a Ten man team to the World Cup in Orlando in 2002.

My son is 10 and I am going to start him with some back yard stuff using some Tippman 98's and turn down the velocity to 250 or so.

I will be looking to buy some new Markers when I figure out whats good these days. I'd like to find something that runs good on CO2 like the Shockers did if there is anything like that, I really dont want to have to go the Scuba tank route again if I dont have to.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by trum_15 Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:32 pm

look at the vibes/sp1's. GOG (smartparts) just re released them as the envy and something else can't remember.
trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 am

Welcome to the site!
JSmith
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by paintmann111 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Xtreme Green checking in. lol

Oh, I would avoid CO2 like like plague now. I just got back from Skirmish and they had notices everywhere that it was going to be banned at reglatory fields by January 2012 due to the massive tax they will be putting on it. You can still use it, it will just be very expensive. As far as markers WDP, WGP, Bushmasters, Smart Parts are all dead, well WDP is still around, just not in the tourney scene in great numbers anymore. Best idea would be to go the used route. You can get high end guns circa 2003-2004 for 150-200.
paintmann111
paintmann111
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 pm

I picked up a few Angel LCD's on ebay.
I always loved my LCD's, so I figured I'd go with what I know.
I'm working on getting everything set up right now.
I still have my old revy hopper with an X board, I'll use it for awhile, I did buy my son a VL velocity Jr. I wanted something light for him, it was pretty cheap so we'll see how it works out.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by paintmann111 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 am

Is your brother still playing anymore? Haven't seen you guys since the NEPS day's.
paintmann111
paintmann111
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:21 am

He will be.....
Just picked him up an LCD also.
Its cool that you have stuck with it, you were just kids back then.
Which one are you?
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by paintmann111 Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm Chris. I live in CT now but play with Joel and Jacob, who played on Xtreme Green. My brother still plays, but since he lives and works in VA now he only play scenario games. I took a break for a few years during college and after, but recently got back into it with my friends starting last spring.
paintmann111
paintmann111
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey Chris I remember you, you lived up on Goff Hill didnt you, on the shortcut across to Lost Valley area. I remember giving you ride to someplace over there once anyhow.
We had a pretty good crew on Xtreme Green. It was fun.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by hp_lovecraft Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:15 am

I was just thinking about some of the old great fields and typed "Paintball Passion" into google.

That was the greatest field I've ever played at. It was awesome.
It was awesome. It had 3 levels. The first was the horse stables, used for speedball. The 2nd was the stadium seats, normally used for open-play, and the 3rd was a office-spaces, used for "urban combat". The 3rd floor was lighted mostly with black-lights, strobe-lights, with fog machines, etc.

Twice a year they would have a scenerio that used all three levels. God-damn-awesome. Sorta like EMR Castle, they would usually put a handfull of the best players (usually NE Express members) on the third floor, and everyone else starting OUTSIDE. You then had to battle your way into the first floor, then second, then third.

Really awesome. I reffed a tourmaments for Al, and played with the home team a few times (Mayhem/Phantoms). We actually beat Ironmen at the 92 World Cup.

Other odd old-school fields? Anyone remember the one in East Lebanon? Not True Colors. This was back in the 80s behind Van Houtons Army/Navy store.

The owner was a vietnam vet, and a complete nut. He built a large paintball field in a swamp. PURPOSELY, to replicate the Vietnam rice pattys, complete with bunkers, watch towers, causeways, etc.

Other great 80s/early 90s fields I remember- Triad, Seacost (Epping), Canobie, Mainly Action (wells), Blitz (saco). I remember once in Westbrook, and Dayton? Plus trips down to the WOlfs Lair.

Good times.

Nick
New England Devil Dogs

hp_lovecraft
Recruit
Recruit

http://www.montneel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:19 am

Nick, I remember you guys playing in your tie die shirts/ jerseys. we always liked your team it was a great bunch of guys. We played a tournament in Canobie called the K9 classic I think it was your home field, you guys reffed the event, it had one field where someones dog was buried on the field and another one that was a village. I remember we were allowed dual wield and I played a few games with two automags, one in each hand.
My team was called The Black Berets, do you remember us?
My brother and I just found the huge 2nd place trophy we got at your event with a dog on top, it looks like we won the best of show at a dog show, I also have the best sportsmanship plaque, the Pac Rast won the event, I also saved the front page from the paintball news with our pictures on it.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by simplicity Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 am

Huh old school, I wonder if anyone remembers the teams I have played on in this order, Spontainious Combustion, Chemical Reaction, New England Paintball Supply, and Ruckus. I took a break for a couple of years. I went to a local event and played and hung out with Rocky C. which brought me back. I joined the stocker there afterwards and now I just play woodsball down to OSG with a small crew our team now is called the Maine Juggernauts. LOL oh yeah back in the MRPL days I was the one who got jumping over bunkers made illeagal because so many tryed to copy me and got injured. To all those that remember me Hey how's it going.

simplicity
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Were you playing for Spontanious Combustion during the MRPL series?
You must remember our team Northern Xtreme, you must have played on NEPS after I left and some of my NX guys, the Weston Brothers, probably played with you on Ruckus with Allyn.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by simplicity Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 am

yup in the MRPL series if you remember playing spontainious I was the guy allyn and paul always had 3-4 of your team always trained on me. Yup played side by side with the westons and allyn. I ran into Paul at a three gun competition I believe last year. He hadn't changed any.

simplicity
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum