MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what is the best pump marker out there ????

+3
Dylan
JSmith
Sniper71
7 posters

Go down

So what is the best pump marker out there ???? Empty So what is the best pump marker out there ????

Post by Sniper71 Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Just figured i would start a little debate and see what people think...
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

So what is the best pump marker out there ???? Empty Re: So what is the best pump marker out there ????

Post by JSmith Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Clearly the one in your avatar.
JSmith
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

So what is the best pump marker out there ???? Empty Re: So what is the best pump marker out there ????

Post by Dylan Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

In general, my personal favorite is a tie between a Nelspot 007 and a Pre-Dye Carter Buzzard.
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Cheif wrote:Clearly the girl in your avatar.

I love my phantom, but I hear awesome things about the CCM T2.
JSmith
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanks Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 pm

T2 is sick...They just need a beefier rail / asa system. I snapped one on a dive into a dorito. That irritated me. The pump stroke is smooth andeasy. It never jammed up or anything.

I also used an illusion. Those are awesome little shooters as well.

Phantoms...meh

Various snipers and sniper 2s: not bad

Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:34 pm

CCM anything.. The T2 is the "top of the line" but I like full body cockers so I'd most likely go with an S6. Dust white body with gloss purple parts. Mmm...
Devon
Devon
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Stanks wrote:T2 is sick...They just need a beefier rail / asa system. I snapped one on a dive into a dorito. That irritated me. The pump stroke is smooth andeasy. It never jammed up or anything.

I also used an illusion. Those are awesome little shooters as well.

Phantoms...meh

Various snipers and sniper 2s: not bad

I hated my Illusion. My VSC phantom was nice but open class phantoms are meh. I'm 99% Jim wants open class for this.

Custom built snipers can be as nice/ nicer than CCM markers. I loved the last Outkast I owned. If it had a better reg and CCM 86 frame I would have kept it forever.
Devon
Devon
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by sketchy Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 pm

to me t2's are overrated.... I played with one, and I like my brothers Trilofy pump sooo much better. The only thing I actually really liked was the frame because it was so thin, thats about it. And it "farted" when it shot a little, which I thought was strange for such an expensive pump... (I used new hampshire blizzards "custom" t2)
sketchy
sketchy
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:45 pm

So. I'm late to this thread, but I'm posting my opinions despite the fact I've only played pump like... twice? Most of my experience was target shooting but.

Cocker based pumps are nice, and probably the best planned out for speedball, but to me they have a big and bulky feel. I haven't tried a halfblock though, so you can kinda count this opinion out. But I can say when properly tuned these have the best pump stroke I've ever felt in my limited experience.

Nelson based. These feel small, too small, too slim, too light. Fragile almost. These also feel "cold", they shoot well, but they just have no soul. Even cockers have a soul, a I'm big, bad, old, and will work like a hammer hitting steel. So to me, I hate nelson based. They just dont feel right in the hand (yes, thats what she said) and there just not alive. Its like a half dead nag compared to a stallion.

So. What does that leave? Sheridan based. There hefty and feel right in the hand, and brass is a warm and loving metal. And there is nothing like shooting 1990's brass and hearing the pooht! or sharper pow of brass, or feeling it. They have soul. They have life. They point right. They shoot right. There customizeable. And, since PPS is the only one making them new, I say PPS wins this. Period.

So what is the best pump marker out there ???? 25109
Otter
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 am

Cocker based snipers have never felt too big or bulky in my hands. They do have a bit more soul but you need to know how to tune them. They all shoot but getting them to shoot nice takes a bit of time and work.

Nelson based pumps have no soul(unless super customized) but they all shoot right. They're really simple so there really isn't much tuning. They are light but open class with a bottom line feels great on a Phantom.

Brass is nice but it's something you have to love to use. I didn't really love my p68-at but it did shoot nice. It was loud as hell though..
Devon
Devon
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down