MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon...

+7
ernamal
sketchy
Kowz_76
A.Perry#21
Richie
Fluffy282
Otter
11 posters

Go down

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon... Empty Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon...

Post by Otter Sun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

So theres been many threads on zombies here in the past. But something that's rarely thought off is whats the best weapon for zombies, long term. After all, any stores that stock ammunition are going to be raided within days of the zombie apocalypse. Ammunition is going to become hard to impossible to find, and that goes for reloading supplies too, not to mention firearms. Even if you have a cache of ammo, how long could it possibly last against thousands of undead.

So pick your favorite non firearm zombie weapons, keeping in mind they have to be hefty enough to either completely dismember a zombie, or break through its skull and smash the brains. I'll add mine in a bit.
Otter
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon... Empty Re: Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon...

Post by Fluffy282 Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 pm

....hercules multi fuel engine adapted to anything and everything.
As far as a hand held melee weapon that I think you are looking for, pry bar.
Fluffy282
Fluffy282
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Http://www.myspace.com/fluffy282

Back to top Go down

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon... Empty Re: Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon...

Post by Richie Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Richie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Nothing wrong with a good all Purpose Baseball bat...
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Pry bars are fun!!!

Hey Richie, have you seen the newest hanwei katana coming out (tactical katana)? Supposedly there meant for abuse, the hanwei tactical wakizashi (smaller version of the tactical katana and currently on the market) has a wicked thick blade, though the edge needs reshaping. Way to thick a bevel for any decent work. The thick blade will make it more durable right up until the snapping point, though it takes away performance.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH2462&name=Hanwei+Tactical+Katan

If I had to pick any hanwei sword though for the zombie apocalypse, give me the hanwei banshee.

Bats are fun... all that needs to be said...

I'll post my three top picks in the morning.
Otter
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 pm

hhahahaha, otter, i could seriously see you being that guy doing the Unavailing for that sword.
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Kowz_76 Tue May 10, 2011 7:23 pm

So that's what you look like without makeup....
Kowz_76
Kowz_76
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Ok, couldn't come up with a decent come back Aaron... not a appropriate one anyways. Best I thought off was I could see you being the girl in Jims avatar... but that would almost be a compliment since that girl is so hot.

My three picks are as follows:

Aarons suggestion: A bat. Good all purpose blunt force weapon, don't have to worry about how your holding it, its light enough for long use, and strong enough to break skulls.
Sling: A decent either close or long range weapon, with lots of practice one could pick up stones the size of ones fist and drop zombies at long distances. Can also use as a primitive club too.
Decent 7 foot spear with cross trees: You could probably find a spot where zombies could only come at you in ones or twos. It wouldn't really drop zombies, but it would definitely hold them back as they got caught on the crosstrees, like boars. Or you could just whip the crosstree spike through their skull, though you could potentially get it stuck. This choice gets tricky, its mainly for holding them back, and would be best with a machete back up.
Otter
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sketchy Fri May 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Pry bar... I have a 3 foot one at work and we have some at home... I like the idea of a bow and arrow, expecially if your careful, many uses out of one arrow, or Alex's mosin with its bayonet for when ammo runs out Razz I have many more also haha
sketchy
sketchy
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by ernamal Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 am

haha....watch some deadliest warrior many ideas for weapons on that show

ernamal
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by A SNEAKY PANDA Sat May 21, 2011 12:49 pm

pry bar = fail. battle ax ftw. im talking middle ages battle ax with a blade on one side sharp enough for slicing, the back side is a battle hammer, and the handle is a pike. everything you could ever need
A SNEAKY PANDA
A SNEAKY PANDA
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by ernamal Sat May 21, 2011 1:47 pm

chief has one in his basement hes all set

ernamal
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter Sat May 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Crow bar or medieval pole axe (your describing a pole axe panda) is a fail, sorry but. Too heavy and unwieldy against multiple blood thirsty zombies that don't care a whit about how much damage they take. And panda, a crow bar would be semi better, because there is barely any chance of it getting stuck unlike a axe. Though the reach of a pole arm is better.

And sketchy, ever see the 6 foot long iron pry bars? That weigh 30 pounds plus (if I recall). My grandfather has two, once we demolished a mobile home in 6 hours right down to the flooring with some. Smile
Otter
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon... Empty The Knife

Post by peacemaker8460 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 pm

the combate knife would have to be mine it is an extention of your hand put on some kevlar gloves and your all set zombie killing all day and if not that then i would say the paddle saw from dead riseing 2 lol
peacemaker8460
peacemaker8460
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Somebody brought this thread back from the dead (get it? its a zombie pun)
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Best all purpose long term zombie defense weapon... 111706 zombie
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down