MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns..

+4
Northern Xtreme
Stanks
Sniper71
trum_15
8 posters

Go down

Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns.. Empty Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns..

Post by trum_15 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 pm

trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns.. Empty Re: Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns..

Post by Sniper71 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Well it wont effect us danny...I had a bunch of conversations about this earlier today...there will be some interesting things that come out of this whole fiasco on the pro level....
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns.. Empty Re: Nppl to install anti cheating monitors into paintball guns..

Post by trum_15 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:03 pm

I know it won't. i just think its a pretty dumb idea.
trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Not really...if the devices being implicated put everyone on a legit level playing field electronically it will show who is really who. There is alot of little tweaking and cheating that takes place through out all the pro divisions wether it be psp or nppl, this will not stop the cheater boards theoretically, if anything it might cause more problems in the future......
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by trum_15 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 pm

its this part right here that i don't really lik

(requiring soldering and the expertise of a trained technician to install it). If the wiring harness or solder joint fails, is it the sole responsibility of the installation or chip manufacturer? When the connection between the board and the solenoid fails, the marker is un-fixable on the field–and thus, you’re playing a man down. Who is liable for these losses?
trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Propaintball plays the devils advocate all the time...they just say and do things to keep the players on there side. There articles on things of this nature are usually on a slippery-slope style of writing. Underneath it all there is usually some form of hidden agenda anyway...

Try clicking the link to go to the article on propaintball and watch the advertising that shows up directly in the top, do it several times and watch and see what "board" company shows up alot. Do it several times clicking and closing and you wil see ...... Wink
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanks Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm

I personally think it's an excellent idea. I would have liked them to provide a little more notice about the change though.
Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 am

Why did they ever allow ramping if they are worried about rate of fire?
It used to be semi auto only? Not very many humans can shoot more than 15 bps in semi.
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by trum_15 Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:24 am

nppl is semi, psp is Ramp. and a lot of people today can rip over 15.
trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanks Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:37 am

Northern Xtreme wrote:Why did they ever allow ramping if they are worried about rate of fire?
It used to be semi auto only? Not very many humans can shoot more than 15 bps in semi.

A good deal of people can shoot over 15 now. Ramping was invented in a day and age when people were starting to wonder the capabilities of a paintball marker and rate of fire was one of those capabilities.
Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:47 am

Well if a person can shoot more than 15 bps in semi I dont see how that could be considered cheating.
They should just open it up to full auto and be done with it.
If you are going to throw that much paint you would need one of those miniature donkeys to carry your paint onto the field. Shocked
Northern Xtreme
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 am

This whole thing sounds like a money grab by Virtue, why can't they just use Pact Timers instead of F'ing with peoples guns?
JSmith
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 am

Because the pact timers can be sidestepped by switching a mode on field and the cap can be bumped slightly, in that atmosphere its somewhat hard to hear and notice a difference between 15 and 17 bps for alot of refs theoretically, this is where the whole cheater boards theory comes into place...This way nobody will have a opportunity to be mashing any buttons in the heat of the moment out there and gain that slight edge needed to overcome...

I personally believe if your going to play semi it should be uncapped anyway and really seperate people by there gun skills and abilities...
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by short207 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 am

What happened to tournament locks?
short207
short207
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanks Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:04 pm

short207 wrote:What happened to tournament locks?

I've never had a ref. come to ask me to demonstrate that my marker had a "tourny lock" activated. With this chip or however they are going to do it, this would assure everyone is keeping legal.

It also takes a little bit of time to demonstrate you tournament lock is on.

There are so many boards out there with cheater modes and gangster modes. You can literally shoot the first 10 or so shots in semi, then the marker will go into full auto or ramp and as soon as that lane is done, marker will go back to semi.

Is it a good idea? Yeah.
Is someone going to make money off it? Of course. There is a good bit of $$$ to be made on this and nothing is ever free.
Should there have been more notice? Oh yeah. At least a few months instead of a few weeks.
Who will benefit? The players, refs, league, and companies.
Who won't benefit? Those stubborn enough to disagree with it.

Stanks
Stanks
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by trum_15 Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Northern Xtreme wrote:Well if a person can shoot more than 15 bps in semi I dont see how that could be considered cheating.
They should just open it up to full auto and be done with it.
If you are going to throw that much paint you would need one of those miniature donkeys to carry your paint onto the field. Shocked

because the rate of fire is capped at 15 now. it use to be as fast as you could pull the trigger.
trum_15
trum_15
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by paintmann111 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Read the update to this: http://www.propaintball.com/2011/03/update-on-nppl-anti-cheating-chip/

It seems they are looking to get more stats for T.V. viewing as well. People who watch sports like stats, and I have a feeling that the statistically part is probably a bigger reason. Its true what virtue says about paintball on t.v., you just see people getting shot then its game over with no hard stats.
paintmann111
paintmann111
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm

I like stats. It would be cool to see which team/player shoots more paint. Under Armor has this shirt that monitors motion and heart rate. Many football teams have them, and its starting to catch on in soccer. I'd like to know what the average heart rate is, who has the highest rate, which player is faster, and how much they run per point/tournament. Stats are awesome
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 am

Ya thats what I posted the other day on FB, I think they just want to have the little images above players to show what they have shot, there avg ROF, and other things, I think it is a good idea across the board and might get more people interested in the sport as a whole.
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum