MainePB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June!

+6
JSmith
Corey
A.Perry#21
short207
Dylan
Ryanxia
10 posters

Go down

New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June! Empty New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June!

Post by Ryanxia Fri May 21, 2010 1:56 pm

In case you're not very political there is a new tax code that will change taxes in Maine in many ways. Most important to us is that it will add a tax on recreational services including field fee for paintball fields.

"(2) Fees charged for participation in or entry to miniature golf courses, billiard parlors, go-cart courses and paintball;"

There are many other tax increases but this is most important.

This is up for a VETO and if we all vote can squash it before it goes into effect. So vote Yes on Question 1 June 8 or we'll all be paying more for field fees. So please if you're old enough to vote, do so.

Sources:
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Maine_Tax_Code_People's_Veto,_Question_1_(2010)
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_124th/chapters/PUBLIC382.asp

Note: I read this in full several months ago when it was first announced. I haven't read it recently so I don't know what/if any changes have come about. But I did take that quote directly from the second source under Sec. B-5. 36 MRSA §1752, sub-§1-J
Ryanxia
Ryanxia
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June! Empty Re: New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June!

Post by Dylan Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm

wow. They can go f*** themselves.
Dylan
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June! Empty Re: New Tax on Paintball - Vote this June!

Post by short207 Fri May 21, 2010 3:28 pm

ezekiel2517lim wrote:wow. They can go f*** themselves.

agreed
short207
short207
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

f*** MUTHER f*** COCK SUCKING SLUT FACED **** MUNCHERS!!!!

gay! affraid
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

on a side note.... cock + slut not picked up by the filters!
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Fri May 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Corey is now selling vinyl stickers that say, "Vote yes on question 1!"
Corey
Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith Fri May 21, 2010 4:06 pm

A.Perry#21 wrote:f*** MUTHER f*** COCK SUCKING SLUT FACED **** MUNCHERS!!!!

gay! affraid
cheers
JSmith
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanxia Fri May 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Glad to see some initial support. I made a post in PbNation and linked it to here so hopefully will get some external readers as well.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
Ryanxia
Ryanxia
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Fri May 21, 2010 9:38 pm

It gets worse....I have a copy of all 102 new taxable items/services at the store, They range all the way from movie tickets and normal every day stuff all the way up to.......................taxing ..........EXOTIC DANCERS.....WTF !!!!
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 Fri May 21, 2010 9:51 pm

hey, saw an add AD on tv today for this... it said vote NO on 1 to stop the bill from going through.....
A.Perry#21
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A SNEAKY PANDA Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Sniper71 wrote:It gets worse....I have a copy of all 102 new taxable items/services at the store, They range all the way from movie tickets and normal every day stuff all the way up to.......................taxing ..........EXOTIC DANCERS.....WTF !!!!

thats just uncool
A SNEAKY PANDA
A SNEAKY PANDA
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper71 Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 pm

ummm...the guy that gave me the paperwork is a state representative, who plays pball, and loves strippers,...im putting faith in him having it correct. But that is how politicians screw the little people, alot of times you have to actually vote the opposite of what you feel to be correct. Evil or Very Mad
Sniper71
Sniper71
Dark Lord
Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by MicHauй² Sat May 22, 2010 12:13 am

I hope they get Anal Rapped.

I shall vote yes
MicHauй²
MicHauй²
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/corey.n.michaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanxia Tue May 25, 2010 7:42 am

A.Perry#21 wrote:hey, saw an add AD on tv today for this... it said vote NO on 1 to stop the bill from going through.....

If you look at the links in my OP should clarify that if you vote YES it will Veto (stop) the bill from going through.

Some people may actually vote no because I belive part of it says it will 'generally lower income tax' but as we all know the government isn't going to give us money back, they're predicting to make more money from these new taxes.

Soo.... If you're a lump who sits around watching tv all day and never goes anywhere, this could be good for you Very Happy
Ryanxia
Ryanxia
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Myque Ace Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm going to vote no. I'd rather get more of the money I actually earn and then be able to choose when and where I'll pay taxes based off of purchases I make or things I decide to do. If it means, taxing paintball...so be it. I'll gladly pay a tax to be able to play.

Myque Ace
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum